About Curtis & Curtis
Curtis & Curtis, Inc. was established in 1956 to supply native grass seeds for a rapidly expanding market in the southwestern United States. It was owned and operated by the Curtis family for 32 years. The company was acquired by the Genesis Corporation in the latter part of 1989 and was still managed by the Curtis family until they reclaimed it in 1994. CCI has a market that covers many parts of the world, and an expanded product line to meet the needs of that market. The major strength of the company is the ability of its management/sales staff to locate virtually any product available in the seed trade.
CCI’s major emphasis continues to be on native grass seeds and legumes for various applications such as seeding irrigated pastures, range reseeding, mine reclamation and reclamation seeding for highway, pipeline and highline right-of-ways. CCI also places heavy emphasis on turf seeds for golf courses, home lawns and industrial sites.
CCI provides a full line of sorghum products for the wholesale and retail market. The emphasis is on the forage sorghums. Its grain sorghums are high producing, drought resistant, insect tolerant varieties of the highest quality. CCI also markets small grains including wheat, rye, barley, oats and triticale throughout the southwest and to foreign countries that have climates similar to that of the southwestern United States.